I had the honor of being the judge of the Southwest Washington Watercolor Society 2017 Spring Show. I so enjoyed seeing all of the magnificent artwork on display. All the artists did a wonderful job & congratulations to all of you!
(Pardon the glare on the paintings)
Best of Show: Will Ray "Splendor in the Glass"
1. First Prize: Denise McFadden "Northern Spotted Owl III"
2. Second Prize: Takako Ito "Hydrangea and Akebi"
3. Third Prize: Carolyn Gunderson "Nineteen Pears"
4. Fourth Prize: Lynda Raven Brake "Spring Cancer Free Bouquet"
1. Honorable Mention: Margaret Webb "Ready for Flight"
2. Honorable Mention: Sue Moore "Rays"
First Prize: Jerry Ballantyne "Forest Study II"
Second Prize: Arletta Riedler "Kenya Giraffe"
Third Prize: Lorna Hamilton "First Pick"
After that, April 5th through the 7th I taught the "3-Workshops-in-1", which involved my "Exploring Color" workshop on Wednesday the 5th, "Yupo Landscape" on the 6th & on the 7th, the "Can This Painting Be Saved?" workshop, where we often save paintings from the brink of despair! ;)
We had a fun 3 days!
Day One: First, we played with inspiring color combinations found in magazines...
Then, Day Two, we tackled the Yupo Landscape workshop, with some beautiful results!
And, Day Three, we saved many paintings and had some dramatic results!
So much fun. Thank you for coming ladies! I look forward to seeing you in another one of my workshops!
It was a busy week for me in Vancouver, Washington;
A huge thank you to Becky and her husband Alex for hosting me!