Thursday, August 28, 2014

Art Retreat at the Ashley Inn 2014

Three Day Art Retreat at the Ashley Inn, in Cascade, Idaho

August 21st--August 23rd, 2014

I had so much fun watching all the creative processes this past weekend at the retreat.  The project this time was a watercolor and mixed media piece, which had many out of their comfort zones; all the while learning the importance of composition, color choices and elements & principles of design.  Just imagine two and a half days of painting and creating art morning to evening!  Of course there was plenty of time for everyone to work on other pieces they brought along.  We all enjoyed the time of relaxation, good food, painting, and just spending time with other artists.




Linda Aman's Workshop from the Artists' Perspective:

Hello, my name is Juli and I am a Linda groupie.
I was so glad I was able to attend the workshop!  Not only was it relaxing and a great getaway, but it also taught me so much about letting go from my normal, detailed way of painting; as well as design and composition, even though I thought I knew a lot on that subject already!  The way I look at things has changed (for the good) and my future art will be all the better for it.  I absolutely loved the whole retreat and I will definitely be one of the returnees.  It was exactly what I needed, and I have a feeling everyone else who attended, agrees!  Now if only we could have one every month...


                      Mine is an abstract collage in a radial design. -Juli

Other artists' comments about the weekend format....
"Lots of time for teaching, painting and free time/breaks; was very relaxed."  "The casual atmosphere"

"I liked how you could work as late/early as you liked"

"The format gave me time to work out in my brain how I wanted to do the picture."

"Composition sets/color pallet choices and creating something abstract"

"We could come and go as needed...my own table, able to leave stuff set up the whole time"
"Loved instruction followed by opportunity to implement what we learned in our own project."

"I liked how you got us there step by step...it would have been overwhelming to just begin painting."

"Thank you for your dedication, hard work and your thoughtful, tactful, thorough teaching.  I am so happy I was able to go."







No comments:

Post a Comment