Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Failure...So What!!

I just painted a failure…it has great “stuff” in it but the traits of “Oh My Goodnesses” have taken over. I am not going to allow that, to squash my continuing to paint today.

I am taking the experiment to the next level…why not? It is just a piece of paper waiting for an education. Now of course that is how I feel in the privacy of my studio. If you walked in right now I would start the apologies and excuses of what is wrong with it. But you are not here so I can examine my process, evaluate what was I thinking or maybe missed thinking. I can sort out the educational value and think of possibilities for the next painting and or solutions to the one in front of me…I am certainly not going to be discouraged or stop my creativity. I just will not allow myself to go down that road.  So what if it doesn’t work? I will strive on…to the next discovery.

None of my paintings are truly a failure as I am learning.
How cool is that!
When I stop learning, experimenting, analyzing and having fun- my work will show it. The freshness of discovery will be undiscovered.


My moving forward and repeating the successful past is wonderful. How blessed I am to have the opportunity to create. Failure….nope….not in my studio! Paint on-paint now!

© Linda Aman – July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment