Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Ashley Inn 2017 Art Retreat.....

....was a huge success!!
On August 4th through the 6th, we stayed at the beautiful Ashley Inn in Cascade, Idaho, where we held our annual art retreat.

This year we focused on various experimental abstract projects, including some watercolor & acrylic with mixed media, Yupo, India Ink, stenciling, collage & printing; as well as some in depth work on composition & color choices.  It was a wonderful group of ladies who were all excited to learn new things and have fun at the same time!  



Some comments from the week...
"Learned a lot about using watercolors & incorporating texture...how to correct a mistake"
"Total focus...Everything else done for us...park, eat, paint."
"It was well structured and organized; provided an opportunity to experiment & abstract"
"The design worksheet helped me to see my work; it will help me digest the thought process."
"A lot of time to paint and get away and just focus on painting"
"Enjoyed the opportunity to work on many projects."
"Tools for thinking and developing...exposure to new media & examples and time to do"
"What a great workshop and leap to a new territory!"
"I enjoyed the format and the mixed media and all of the substrates and mediums we got to explore. I know I can take some of what I learned and use it to stretch my boundaries."
"Linda is so generous with her supplies and tools"
"Thank you very much for your passion for art, teaching and growth!"


As you can see, they were all very successful...
 
 
 

This was a blast, ladies! You all did a phenomenal job.
 I look forward to this every year.  


We would love to have you join us next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment